Turbo Studio is an easy-to-use graphical editing tool for creating and editing Turbo containerized applications.
The latest version of Turbo Studio includes compatibility updates for Windows 10 Insider Preview 18305 and AppLocker, improved PowerShell support, new DDE isolation options, and other stability improvements.
Turbo Studio 19 is available now at: turbo.net/studio/download.
New and Improved
This update includes the following new features and improvements:
- Add ExtendedAppLockerCompatibility flag that disables AppLocker DLL rules that are incompatible with virtualization.
- Add IsolateDDE flag to isolate DDE messages coming from outside the container.
- Allow running the 64-bit version of PowerShell. Previously, attempting to start a 64-bit PowerShell instance resulted in start of the 32-bit version.
- Updated the default Target architecture setting for new configurations from x86 to x64.
- Uninstall entries for Turbo-packaged MSI now display the application icon.
- The XStudio command-line tool now supports TLS 1.2 connections to download linked components and runtimes.
- The internal Turbo VM version has been updated to 18.12.1378.
Turbo VM Updates
- Compatibility with the Windows 10 Insider Preview 18305 release
- Fixed a condition that could cause process hangs during startup
- Fixed a rare crash during application startup when SentinelOne security software is present
- Improved shutdown processing during ExitProcess calls
- Fixed a compatibility bug in WriteCopy registry isolation when running anative installation of Office 365 under Turbo VM
This update includes fixes for the following issues:
- The IP Restrictions tab does not show a scrollbar when the number of entries overflow the Studio window.
- The Delete sandbox on application shutdown setting fails to completely remove all files on exit.
- When exporting a config from an image, references to @SYSWOW64@ may be dropped if the path contains a resource ID.
- When exporting a configuration from an image, the privatize flag is dropped.
The component version numbers for this release are:
- Turbo Studio: 19.1.1178
- Turbo VM: 18.12.1378
Getting Turbo Studio 19
Turbo Studio 19 is available for download at turbo.net/studio/download.
Turbo.net users with an active subscription can access Turbo Studio 19 by signing in with their account.
The upgrade to Turbo Studio 19 is free to all licensed users of Studio on active maintenance. If eligible, a new license key is available from the account settings page of your Turbo.net account.
We hope you enjoy Turbo Studio 19!