Turbo Studio is an easy-to-use graphical editing tool for creating and editing Turbo container environments.
The latest update to Studio brings important compatibility, ease-of-use, performance, and other updates.
This update is required for compatibility with Windows 10 April 2018 update. Therefore, we strongly recommend all Turbo Studio users update immediately to Studio 18.
The Turbo Studio 18.4.1080 update is now available at: turbo.net/studio/download.
New and Improved
This update includes the following new features and improvements:
- Security: Turbo Studio now uses TLS1.2 for all network communication
- Usability: Improved automated snapshot configuration for legacy versions of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Office 2010, and SAP GUI
- Forward compatibility: Universal CRT binaries are automatically moved to a pre-Windows 10 layer during the snapshot process, allowing builds on early OSs to run properly on Windows 10
- Local repositories: New Import for standalone deployment option automatically applies isolation settings appropriate for local repository images
- Performance: New rules for automatically trimming unnecessary files during the snapshot process result in smaller builds
- Snapshot: Additional source snapshot directory is captured, allowing improved folder mapping behavior at runtime
- Diagnostics: New Enable snapshot diagnostic logging option simplifies troubleshooting of snapshot issues
Turbo VM Updates
This VM update includes numerous performance and compatibility improvements, including:
- Compatibility with the Windows 10 April 2018 release
- Support for SQL Server Management Studio 2017, SQL Server Management Studio 2016, and certain versions of SAP GUI
- Improved performance for large executables/DLLs, including Microsoft Power BI
- Client upgraded to Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Improved handling of side-by-side assemblies, manifests, and policy files in containers
- Improved support for print spooling
- Improved handling of directories mounted to containers with the --mountflag
This update includes fixes for the following issues:
- Studio crashes when encountering the Windows Security dialog on Windows 10
- Non-default file source path is incorrectly reverted to its default value after building the project
- The snapshot process fails to complete when a badly formed or invalid registry key is encountered
- Registry values that are full paths are not captured correctly by the snapshot process
- The trimUACManifest and subsystem VM settings are not exported correctly when opening an SVM image and saving the configuration
- Studio fails to build application when Active Directory settings are defined
- The upgrade dialog opens the wrong web page
- Studio unnecessarily asks for Turbo.net Hub credentials when building an SVM image with dependencies
The component version numbers for this release are:
- Turbo Studio: 18.4.1080.0
- Turbo VM: 18.4.1281.0
We hope you’ll love the latest Turbo Studio!