Users will be automatically updated to the latest version of Turbo Client and VM.
New and Improved
This update includes the following new features and improvements:
- Turbo will attempt to encrypt data using the stronger TLS 1.2 protocol by default when configured with a secure hub.
- Turbo Client always installs for the current user, even if Windows UAC is disabled. To install for all users, specify the --all-users flag.
- Turbo performance has been improved on systems with Microsoft .NET 4.7.
- The performance of the turbo logs command has been improved.
- The turbo installi command creates Start Menu shortcuts with friendlier names.
- Portable Application EXEs always use the VM version present at build time unless automatic updates are enabled.
- The Firefox browser extension starts the Turbo Client when a user attempts to run an application from the Turbo.net website.
- When executing turbo run with the --enable-sync flag, the container state will be pulled from the hub before starting.
- The Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 layer is no longer a default dependency.
This update includes fixes for the following issues:
- The Turbo Client uninstall process does not terminate running containers, which may result files that are not removed.
- Synchronization operations are killed during Turbo Client updates, resulting in download failed errors.
- The turbo fork command can cause an invalid state when used with installed containers.
- The turbo subscribe command incorrectly marks new applications as updated.
- The turbo containers and netstat commands print mapped ports in reverse order.
- The turbo rmi -f command may fail with an “illegal characters in path” error.
- Thr turbo run --ad-group-deny command blocks users who are not in the denied group.
- The Turbo Launcher may crash due to a null pointer exception if a user logs out while a container is running.
- Uninstalling the Turbo Launcher may leave a dead shortcut in the Start Menu.
The component version numbers for this release are:
- Turbo Client: 3.33.1538
- Turbo VM: 11.8.1120.16