The latest version of Turbo VM is now available in the Turbo Hub.
Turbo recommends always using the latest release version of Windows 10 or Windows Server to receive the latest features and security updates.
This update includes improvements to antivirus software compatibility, faster startup performance, and a new system drive hiding capability.
New and Improved
This update includes the following new features and improvements:
- New! The system drive (such as C:\) can be hidden from the user interface of an application with the new --hide-drive flag. This flag is available for the run, new, try, and start verbs.
- Improved! TLS DLLs are initialized from memory instead of dynamic files to improve compatibility with security software.
- Improved! Application performance is improved through optimized process working set utilization in the Turbo VM Engine.
- Improved! Renaming virtual directories when the default isolation is set to Merge is now supported. This improves compatibility with the Node.js Package Manager, fixing certain npm install errors.
This update includes fixes for the following issues:
- Citrix Receiver with the Single Sign-on plugin fails to load Microsoft Visual C Runtime 2005.
- Container processes do not terminate gracefully in rare cases, resulting in the operating system logging an Application Crash event.
- On systems with Symantec Endpoint Protection, packaged applications may fail to load Microsoft Visual C Runtime with Error R6031 due to a race condition.
- Packaged applications fail to load the correct DLL if a file with the same name but incorrect architecture is found first.
- Packaged applications do not behave correctly when running on systems configured to use shims from Compatibility Administrator or Run in Compatibility Mode due to incorrect system DLLs being loaded in the bootstrap process.
- Internet Explorer running in a container with the Spawn COM servers within virtualized environment setting enabled opens the website when a user double clicks a .url shortcut on the host device. The expected behavior in this case is to have a host Internet Explorer instance open the website.
The component version numbers for this release are:
- Turbo VM: 19.3.1392.2