Turbo Studio is an easy-to-use graphical editing tool for creating and editing Turbo container environments.
The latest version of Turbo Studio includes direct integration with the Turbo.net Hub, an installer based wizard alternative to snapshots, the ability to create portable container (single EXE) outputs, new subscription-based licensing, as well as support for the latest Windows operating systems.
Turbo Studio 17 is available now at: turbo.net/studio/download.
New and Improved
This update includes the following new features and improvements:
- New! Studio 17 directly integrates with the Turbo.net Hub. Templates and import wizards are automatically updated with continuously updated Hub content.
- New! New Portable Applications (.exe) output mode generates portable containers with Turbo Client embedded, all in a single EXE.
- New! Create applications by installing the application (MSI or EXE) into a container console. This alternative to the snapshot process does not require a clean operating system and does not dirty up the host filesystem or registry.
- New! Support added for Windows 10 “Redstone 2” pre-release versions.
- Studio available in MSI format and scriptable legacy XStudio command-line tool.
- Ability to configure the Minimum OS Requirement for images.
- Internal Turbo VM version has been updated to 11.8.1060.
This update includes fixes for the following issues:
- Projects containing dependencies on the Turbo.hub Hub fail to build.
- Containerized ProgIds are not fully isolated.
- Renaming a folder incorrectly fails with a message that the resource is used by another process.
- Failure to deinitialize and flush streams may cause missing file writes in specific scenarios.
- Virtualized applications can crash if started from multiple paths.
- Product version is not set correctly when the metadata field is set to inherit from the startup file.
- Trailing spaces are trimmed incorrectly for file paths with arguments.
- The command-line XStudio.exe tool does not recognize some encodings for the license file.
- An error may occur pushing a XAPPL configuration with a service to the local repository or the Turbo.net Hub.
- Many user interface fixes and improvements.
The component version numbers for this release are:
- Turbo Studio: 17.0.794.0
- Turbo VM: 11.8.1060
Getting Turbo Studio 17
Turbo Studio 17 is available for download at turbo.net/studio/download.
Any Turbo.net user with a Pro subscription can use Turbo Studio 17 by signing in with their account. Studio may be used in a limited fashion by Free users for evaluation purposes.
The ISV upgrade to Turbo Studio 17 is available for free to all licensed users of previous versions of Studio on active maintenance. For commercial users of previous versions, a new license key is available from the account management page of your Turbo.net account.
We hope you enjoy Turbo Studio 17!