The latest updates to Turbo Studio and Turbo VM bring important compatibility, ease-of-use, performance, and other updates.
Turbo Studio 18.9 is available for download at: turbo.net/studio/download.
The Turbo VM 18.9 update is distributed automatically for clients with automatic updates enabled.
New and Improved
This update includes the following new features and improvements:
- Snapshot compatibility: Improved the compatibility of Turbo Studio’s snapshot process to exclude registry keys known to cause issues, such as SideBySide\PublisherPolicyChangeTime.
- Usability: Improved error messaging to specify the paths of missing layers when a build fails and added tooltips to explain Turbo Studio features, such as the Project output types.
Turbo VM Updates
This VM update includes numerous performance and compatibility improvements, including:
- Support for Windows 10 Preview through version 17735.1000.
- Support for Machine SID cloning to support Google Chrome settings synchronization.
- Support for network virtualization of Google Chrome 69’s new internal DNS resolver.
- Support for TLS 1.2 encryption in the XStudio.exe command-line build tool.
- Fixed race condition that intermittently fails process start with Error 0xD0000018.
- Fixed Error R6025 -- Pure Virtual Function Call on systems with Bitdefender.
- Fixed non-exe stub files triggering antivirus alerts due to a missing digital certificate.
This update includes fixes for the following issues:
- Studio title bar text is not legible when window is in full screen mode.
- Studio minimize button may not respond to clicks on Windows 8 and higher.
- Studio does not show scroll bars in Network Panel > IP Restrictions when the list exceeds the viewable area.
- Studio fails to set the startup file correctly when importing a multi-image application from the Turbo.net Hub.
- Shutdown process tree VM setting incorrectly terminates container if a Startup script is used.
- Studio fails to build an imported application if a startup or shutdown script is used.
The component version numbers for this release are:
- Turbo Studio: 18..9.1142.0
- Turbo VM: 18.9.1142.0