The latest version of Turbo for PC includes a completely rearchitected browser integration model that supports all modern web browsers. This release retires the previous browser plugin-based API and replaces it with a new turbo:// protocol handler.
This update also includes full support for authentication using Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and on-premises Turbo Application Servers.
Turbo for PC will automatically update unless otherwise specified by the administrator.
New and Improved
This update includes the following new features and improvements:
- Added new application configuration turbo:// protocol type
- Added new security validation dialogs for launches via turbo:// protocol links
- Launches via turbo:// protocol links display a security dialog for applications outside of Turbo.net
- Administrators can define trusted workspaces for all users in %PROGRAMDATA%\Turbo\Containers\trusted-sources.json.
- Added support for on-premises workspaces
- Combined client toggle settings under turbo config --enable|--disable=[option] command.
- Administrators can set default or override settings for the client configuration using turbo config --as-inherit|--as-override command.
- Added ability to disable merge isolation using turbo config --disable=mergeisolation command.
- Added --working-dir|-w=[path] flag to turbo commit for setting the working directory of an image.
- Added the Java component to the Turbo for PC installer to support systems that are not connected to the Internet.
This update includes fixes for the following issues:
- Turbo for PC fails to launch application on the local PC when a cloud container session is not synchronized to the local system.
- Turbo for PC now respects network rules specified in application settings.
- The login dialog may fail to detect when an on-premises workspace is using an SSO authentication method.
- Certain applications may crash on application exit due to a race condition.
- Applications may fail to start with an “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error.
- A new application version is downloaded even when upgrade check is disabled on application startup.
- Running the clean and base images with incompatible isolation should display a warning message.
- The turbo config --image-path=allusers command may fail with invalid container storage path error.
- The turbo-plugin.exe --app-server command to provision application servers should detect incompatible OS versions.
The component version numbers for this release are:
- Turbo for PC: 19.2.1915.0